Our Military Personnel and Veterans have given so much of themselves to be sure we are safe here on the home front. We would like to give back to them by offering a fresh start in their transition to civilian life, free from the financial burden of establishing a new career. Our values include quality, team work and trust. Utilizing those values we will aide unemployed Veterans entering the civilian workforce by giving them a sense of purpose, pride and achievement while learning a career in the skilled trades field of welding and metal fabrication tuition free!
- Our educational program will offer a four month training program, enrolling eight students in the program per semester. They will learn a skilled trade in welding and metal fabrication. Topics covered will include:
- Shop, job site and health safety in a welding environment.
- The history of welding and the importance of becoming a skilled certified welder.
- Welding and cutting processes, weld joints, welding positions, welding symbols, blue print reading and OSHA Training.
Welding process covered will include:
· SMAW / Stick welding,
· GMAW / Mig welding,
· FCAW / Flux core welding,
· GTAW / Gas Tungsten Arc welding.
· CNC and Manual Plasma cutting,
· Oxyfuel Gas Cutting
We will build on the foundation with two new instructors enabling us to have more classes during a one year period, maximizing our graduating classes. The foundations long term vision is to increase class size to enroll eight students per semester and to grow our curriculum to include more in depth processes such as robotic welding applications and programming, as well as fork lift operation and MSHA certifications.
Heavy Metal Welding Tech Non-Profit 501c3